When I do, it's best to stand clear. Anger at disgraceful customer service and incompetent (at best) or fraudulent trading from one of Tesco Direct's suppliers.
The saga of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus phone-that-never-was is ongoing and I am hundreds of pounds poorer with nothing to show for it.
- ETA of ordered goods came and went - no sign of phone.
- No communication from PG explaining delay.
- Status on Tesco Direct order page - to be dispatched.
Armed with that knowledge, I contacted PG by phone to cancel the order, refusing to accept 'I'll check with Warehouse for you'. Stuck to my guns and demanded cancellation and refund. Followed up the phone-call with email cancelling the order.
24 hours later, had a reply to the email offering 'freebies' to be 'more patient' and await imminent dispatch. Patience all gone, I refused the offer and confirmed cancellation and refund request. Email reply confirmed cancellation and promised refund would be in my account within 2-5 working days.
- Five working days later, no refund appeared and Tesco Direct order page still showed 'awaiting dispatch'.
- Submitted a Tesco Direct 'raise a claim' for refund and received a cancellation notification from TD with a promise that refund would be in my account within 5 working days.
- Status on Tesco Direct order page showed 'cancelled'. I await the refund.
I need lots of calming tea - at frequent intervals.