Friday 28 November 2014

When you're not well

you gravitate towards nursery  food and the comforts of being in bed, looked after by someone else.

Not being able to read for very long, I like to listen to the radio, but Radio 4 extra (formerly Radio 7) has strayed from its original remit of drama, audio books, and vintage radio comedy. TV is a poor substitute and my Skybox is badooshed. Somehow Laptop TV hasn't the same appeal (or controlability).



I'm looking forward to the new Paddington film (released today) coming out on DVD. I'll probably be feeling better by then so, in the meantime, I'm making do with the trailers






With a cast that includes Ben Whishaw as Paddington, Hugh Bonneville as Mr Brown, Peter Capaldi as Mr Curry, Jim Broadbent as Mr Gruber, Julie Walters as Mrs Bird, Michael Gambon as the voice of Uncle Pastuzo, Imelda Staunton as the voice of Aunt Lucy, and a cameo appearance by Michael Bond, this star-studded film is attractive to children and adults alike.

I'm not sure about Nicole Kidman's character, Millicent; it smacks too much of Cruella de Vil. But every children's film needs its villain and Kidman plays the part to perfection.