Thursday 16 July 2020

What a busy day.

Today was a very full, busy day.
The conservatory roofing team arrived at 8.30, to replace the polycarb. panels with solid ones. Yes, it has made the room darker, but today is an overcast day and I can live with the level of light coming through the front windows. The room needed deep cleaning, not least because debris from the old roof fell inside as each panel was removed.
I was worried that one of the workmen didn't use gloves, so although I had no contact with them, they moved furniture around to get at various sections of roof. My main mistake, today, was doing the deep cleaning before I went out to Gardening Club,
While the roofing work was going on, I finished washing the floors. The parquet doesn't like the steam cleaner, so I wash it using a damp mop. I ran out of energy yesterday, but the vacuuming had already been done.
Later, I was invited to join a session in a garden with
Letchworth Ukulele Group LALUKE via Zoom. Although I have mislaid my music folder in all the upheaval, I was able to singalong (and even play along) for an hour. It was really kind of Tony's group to set up Zoom just for me. Reminded me of the times I went to WriterConUK, virtually while Eamonn was having chemo.

Another home cooked lunch - steamed salmon with new potatoes, the remains of the creamy tarragon sauce from yesterday, and a side salad.
Then it was time for Alf to join his Pack for a couple of hours, and me to get ready for my second session with


I was more prepared than last week and looking forward to getting to know my fellow members. Unfortunately, I ran out of steam and, apart from picking some redcurrants for the Community's freezer, I wasn't much help. I must remember next week not to do anything (apart from ukulele) in the morning.




Later, a member of Gardens of Hitchin and North Herts is coming over to help out with a problem of the 40 year old shrub in need of support. He's a tree surgeon, so I will take his advice what to do about the remaining trees later in the year.

I really am tired. The formatting of this page is all wonky. I haven't the wherewithal to do anything about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment