Monday 4 October 2021

Art class

 



I managed to take part in the whole of the Drawing for Beginners' Zoom session this morning. It was all about different sorts of shading. 







I found it a bit tricky and managed to get the proportion of the largest arch all wrong. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the session and learned a lot.













At the end of the session, James showed us some of the drawings he'd done in preparation for a new painting.








They showed how shading can be used in monocrome as a guide to the colour version.






After lunch, I had another painting session, trying to get the colours on the flag right and adjusting the shading on the sea. There is a lot more to be done, and I hope to adjust the sky at some point.




Progress, Beachcombing Couple





No comments:

Post a Comment