Thursday 24 July 2014

A crafter's story





A woman wanted to purchase a beautiful hand crocheted dress and spotted a crafter who did absolutely amazing work, but she charged a good price too. The woman thought that the price was way too high so she approached the crocheter and in quite a brusk fashion stated "I want to buy a dress from you, but I think you charge too much." The crafter was a little taken aback but replied "Ok, how much do you think i should charge?" The woman replied “I think you should charge “X” much, because the yarn will cost this much, and ribbons this much, and buttons this much. I even factored in the price of scissors."



The final price the woman had calculated was a lot cheaper than the crafter's original price, but she said "Ok, deal. You will get your dress in a week".








The woman was very pleased with herself and couldn't resist telling all her friends what a fabulous deal she had negotiated, how smart she is, and that in a week she will have her gorgeous crocheted dress.

A week later her parcel arrived in a lovely packaged box. She opened it and inside was yarn, ribbons, buttons and even scissors. Angrily she contacted the crafter asking “How could you do this to me? I asked you for a dress and you sent me a box of yarn, ribbon, buttons and scissors?!" The crafter quietly replied "My dear, you got exactly what you paid for, if you think there is something missing, you need to pay for it."